Responsible for analyzing and reconciling detailed general ledger accounts as assigned. Keeps records and accounts accurate and current. Researches and resolves discrepancies and accounting errors. Completes related reports, summaries, and records. Creates monthly expense reports. Performs related clerical duties.
Functions and Duties:
Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of assigned accounting functions.
- Reviews source documents and records daily transactions. Balances and posts daily write-ups and journals.
- Computes figures and prepares recurring account statements.
- Posts a number of transactions to the appropriate general ledger account.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Performs miscellaneous filing/sorting of checks, journals, daily write-ups, etc.
- Completes required records and reports and maintains files. Creates expense reports as assigned.
- Completes accounting functions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Effectively researches, tracks, and resolves accounting problems and discrepancies.
Establishes and maintains effective communication and coordination with area personnel and with management.
- Maintains regular contact with other departments to obtain information and/or to correct transactions.
- Assists accounting personnel as needed.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems. Reports the status of all account reconciliations to the Controller.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
Responsible for related duties as required or assigned.
- Education/Certification: Associates degree in accounting or related field or related job experience.
- Required Knowledge: Knowledge of basic accounting concepts and procedures including account reconciliation. Knowledge of related computer applications. Understanding of the Federal Reserve Banking system.
- Experience Required: Previous Credit Union or financial institution experience useful.
- Skills/Abilities: Well organized and detail oriented. Good math skills. Good attention to detail and accuracy. Cooperative and willing to assist others. Able to use PC, calculator, and other basic business machines.