Debit cards are safer than carrying cash because you can control how they're used.
- The best way to do this is to activate Card Valet, a stand-along app that works hand-in-hand with the Maui County FCU mobile app.
- Card Valet can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- You can receive transaction alerts when any purchase is made - or just when certain types of purchases are made.
- Through Card Valet, you can manage your card by defining when, where and how it will be used.
Design Tips and Other Info
- Customize your debit card online here.
- Picture must be at least 840 x 840 pixels and no more than 10 MB in size.
- If you right click on your picture and select properties you will be able to see pixels and size
- 1MB = 1000 KB. So as long as your picture isn’t more than 10MB or 10,000KB, you're good!
- You will have the option to position your picture just the way you like it BUT it must cover the whole card.
- Any portion of the card not covered will result in the card being printed with the “white” plastic of the card showing.
- While on the Design tab you can resize and move your picture into position.
- Clicking the next arrow will take you to the preview tab (or you can click the Preview tab). This is exactly how your card will look. If you like it, then you can Submit.
- You cannot move the Maui County FCU logo.
- Your new card will be the same card number and PIN that you are currently using. It will however have a new expiration date.
- You will have to activate the new card upon receipt.
- Your current card will continue to work until it expires (You can also request to have the old card marked inactive once you receive the new one).
- If you do deactivate your old card, don’t forget to update your card information on any merchant sites where you have saved your card information for payments (the expiration is now different).
- After finalizing your image you will be taken to another page where you will type your personal information. The following information must match the information currently in our database:
- Name and Address
- Last 4 digits of debit card you are customizing (for a replacement card only)
There are some limits to the images that you place on your card. They can't contain:
- Political statements
- Advertising, promotional text, slogans, copyrighted or trademarked material
- Phone numbers, URLs
- Brand names or branded products
- Celebrities, athletes, musicians, public figures, etc.
- MasterCard®, American Express®, Discover® or any other payment brand references
- References to any Visa sponsorship property, such as the Olympics or NASCAR
- Socially unacceptable groups
- Provocative or sexual content
- Profanity, obscenities or nudity
- Violence, firearms, weapons or ammunition
- Alcohol or tobacco
- Any content that might result in problems at point of sale or interfere with security features of the card
- Any content that might infringe, denigrate or dilute the Visa brand or its member financial institutions