Benefits of Our Teen Account
- Free customizable Visa debit card with opening of checking account
- Cash rewards for good grades: $1 per ME or A up to $5 per quarter, deposited into their account. (Report cards will be accepted for the most recent grading period, within one month of the report card date. Progress reports are not eligible.)
- Free coin machine access
- Easily transfer money from a parent or guardian's Maui County FCU account to your teen's account in real time through online and mobile banking
- Download Zogo, a financial education app, and play for a chance to receive $25 deposited into your checking or savings account. To participate, join our leaderboard exclusively for Maui County FCU teen members. Three teen members from the leaderboard will be randomly selected quarterly in January, April, July and October to receive $25 that will be deposited into their account.
How to Open a Youth Account
To open up a Kids Club or Teen Account, parent or guardian must provide their child’s original Social Security card and original birth certificate at account opening. Birth certificate not required if child has an valid unexpired government issued ID (driver’s license or state ID).
* Teens ages 13 to 17 are eligible. Minimum opening deposit of $5. Earn interest on balances of over $100 (see rates).
** While supplies last through September 30, 2023.