Responsible for coding, posting, and preparing all documents necessary for closing consumer loans. Distributes loan documents and coordinates closings with branch personnel. Handles customer communications including denial letters. Provides professional service to customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Provides effective support for all phases of loan processing activities and promotions by:
- Preparing paperwork for loan applications. Runs reports, retrieves credit ratings, reviews files, figures point scores, and works up applications.
- Preparing coding and posting functions and prepares all necessary documents for closing of loans.
- Preparing loan paperwork. Distributes loan paperwork to branches and appropriate personnel.
- Coordinating loan closings with branches and closing loans as necessary.
- Writing denial letters and related correspondence for promotions.
- Maintaining hold/mail files and suspense files according to weekly schedule. Disburses documents to Loan Officers for follow up.
- Preparing statistics for VISA limits.
- Answering routine questions or directs them to appropriate personnel. Records and relays messages.
- Completing loan processing duties in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulations.
Establishes and maintains effective and professional business relationships with members and external contacts by:
- Resolving (or refers) requests and problems promptly and courteously. Answers member questions pertaining to promotions, loans, balances and payoffs. Assists walk-ins.
- Keeping members properly informed of Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Maintaining and conveys the Credit Union’s professional reputation.
- Education/Certification: High school graduate or equivalent.
- Required Knowledge: Understanding of consumer loan products and services. Knowledge of loan processing functions and related requirements and procedures.
- Experience Required: One to two years of varied office experience preferred.
- Skills/Abilities: Strong typing abilities. Good verbal public relations skills. Able to operate calculator, work processor, and related computer applications. Well organized.