ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assumes responsibility for the effective and professional performance of member service functions.
- Presents and explains Credit Union services and products to members and assists in meeting their financial needs. Opens and closes accounts and sub-accounts, including Checking, Savings, IRA, Loans, Credit, Debit, and ATM cards, and Individual or Joint Revocable Living Trust Accounts. Orders checks for members' accounts. Completes payroll deduction and authorization forms. Prepares and completes HELOC draft order forms, CMO forms, and Verification of Deposit forms.
- Answers questions and solves problems for members by listening to problems, collecting data, securing answers, and reporting results to the inquiring party. Resolves member bookkeeping and checking account problems. Takes stop payment orders.
- Receives and directs members and telephone calls. Responds to inquiries and questions if possible or directs them as necessary. Records and relays messages.
- Performs file maintenance and account changes as needed.
- Keeps members informed of Credit Union services and policies, including types of available accounts, interest and dividend rates, payroll deduction options, and other related services.
- Maintains privacy of member account information.
- Actively cross-sells Credit Union products and services
- Perform back office related functions including but not limited to ATM transaction processing, ATM balancing, verification of cash shipments, debit card orders, and balancing teller cash recyclers.
- Assumes responsibility for providing effective secretarial and clerical support for all phases of loan processing activities and promotions.
- Provides and prepares loan documents and applications. Runs reports, conducts consumer loan interviews, retrieves credit ratings, reviews files, figures point scores, and works up applications.
- Gathers all necessary reports and documentation for loan processing, including but not limited to credit reports, employment verification documents, pay stubs, tax documents, and rental agreements.
- Disburse approved consumer loans.
- Performs coding and posting functions and prepares all necessary documents for closing of loans.
- Mails loan paperwork. Distributes loan paperwork to branches and appropriate personnel.
- Coordinates loan closings with branches. Closes loans as necessary.
- Types and mails denial letters and related correspondence for promotions.
- Maintains hold/mail files and suspense files according to weekly schedule. Disburses documents to Loan Officers for follow up.
- Prepares statistics and other duties for VISA credit cards.
- Receives and screens telephone calls. Answers routine questions or directs them to appropriate personnel. Records and relays messages.
- Completes loan processing duties in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulations
- Serves as the primary Notary Public for the Branch Operations where they are located.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and communication with area personnel and with management.
- Completes assigned paperwork for Loan Manager and Loan Officers. Completes records and reports promptly and accurately.
- Supports and assists area personnel as needed.
- Maintains departmental files.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Assumes responsibility for the efficient, effective, and accurate performance of teller functions.
- Receives share deposits and loan payments.
- Processes cash advances, traveler's checks, cashier's checks, money orders, and wires.
- Disburses cash or check share withdrawals.
- Processes transfers.
- Verifies transactions. Monitors deposit amounts, and examines documents for endorsement and negotiability. Detects and resolves discrepancies promptly.
- Balances daily transactions and verifies cash totals. Reports any error or cash outages immediately to Branch Manager.
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
- Knowledge: Understanding of consumer loan products and services. Knowledge of loan processing functions and related requirements and procedures.
- Experience: Two years of progressive customer service experience in a financial services establishment. Previous consumer lending experience, preferably for a period of one-year or more.
SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work within current versions of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Excellent customer service ability.
- Professional attitude consisting of a dependable, punctual, tactful, organized, and polite manner.
- Able to operate calculator, Microsoft Office applications, and financial service-related computer applications.
- Must be certified as a Notary Public within 6 months of hire date.
You may email your resume to: [email protected]
Mail your resume to:
Maui County Federal Credit Union
1888 Wili Pa Loop Wailuku, HI 96793
Attn: Human Resources